Friday, January 30, 2009

Celebrate Equal Pay with a Peacock Hat!

I am, without a doubt, loving our new President Obama more and more every day.

Yesterday he signed the Lilli Ledbetter Fair Play Act bringing women the legal right to pursue equal pay. This is a monumental leap for our girls. Woot!!! I'm thrilled for my daughters and for my granddaughters. My heart is singing praises to God for this fantisimo incredibolisicious CHANGE.

I read about it in the New York Times and watched it on the evening news and I want to frame it on my wall.

Don't call me a feminist because I am definitely what the Urban Dictionary calls a "retrosexual" Be sure you read Definition #20 because apparently "retrosexual" means 23 very different things to 23 very different people but I mean this one:

A retrosexual is (in the female case) that woman who eschews the sexual-revolution plank of feminism in favor of more-traditional values. Perhaps even 1950s values (this is not to say she goes as far as the cone-bra). A little burlesque, a little Betty Crocker, the retrosexual woman has new-fangled spunk and old-fashioned values: she does for abstinence and monogamy what Slang Flashcards do for Dover illustrations. She may be, well, Sexless in the City, but only 'cause she chooses to be.
Peacock Eyes by Leeanne Goodwin

You can bring back the days of "The Ghost and Mr Chicken" and "My Fair Lady" any time new digital tv era trendsetters. I'd LOVE to be able to go out in public in a hat like this one and NOT get stares that say "You belong in the loony bin lady."

Maybe women in New York, Paris and the Hollywood Jet Set can get by with wearing hats like this today but here in podunk Tennessee if it isn't made out of camoflauge or hunter orange it isn't a hat regardless of your sexual gender. Sigh.

But I digress, yesterday will go down in my diary as a monumental victory!

lucky3boyz eBay listings
You can purchase many items right now at
Lucky3Boyz with FREE SHIPPING!
An eBay Store

No comments: